Thursday, May 6, 2010

Maples trees and WITSEC

I came home last night to find my lone red maple tree on the ground.
For those of you that don't know I live in what was once a corn field surrounded by trees. Since this was my one tree I was about to call the CSI team in to gather evidence and find the tree killer. Before I could place the call I received a phone call with a sheepish voice admitting to the crime. The perpetrator has decided to join WITSEC (for those of you that don't watch In Plain Sight, WITSEC is the US Marshall's Witness Protection Program) to avoid admitting to driving over a perfectly good maple tree without even noticing that it was directly in front of her (yes, a female driver). Said perp only realized the crime once her trusty GM vehicle quit moving forward. I know, I'm probably giving too many hints here, but yes, I did sell this trusty GM vehicle to the perp a few years ago.
Before you think I am over-reacting, here is a picture of the tree in the upright position, aided by Carol. You can see it was on it's way to becoming a lovely addition to my corn field.

3 comments:

Jnet said...

Wasn't Me!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, so I'm a little slow...who ran over the maple tree?? Cami??

All of us, but mostly Heidi said...

Ah...I shed a tear for it.